Thursday, September 14, 2017

ELE or EKE

Some people are familiar with the phrase, ELE Everybody Love Everybody. But when it comes to a small town it should be more like, EKE Everybody Knows Everybody. Everyone knows your business in a small town and it's not always the best. But if you're wanting to live in a small community you might want to get use to it.


For example when you're going to the grocery store and have to buy more personal items that you don't really want everyone knowing about. But of course you know basically all the cashiers and you know somehow word of you're shopping spree will get out. Occasionally the people in your town know more about yourself than you do.Then there are those moments when you are supposed to know who someone else is and you have no idea, but somehow they know you. From my personal experience in my home town it doesn't help being the youngest in your family, because it makes it even easier for everyone to know you. The biggest advice I would say for someone growing up in a small town is make sure the image you set for yourself is a good one!


6 comments:

  1. I came from a small town, so I can absolutely relate to this post! Where I come from, privacy is an foreign concept to most people living in my town. You cannot do or say anything without everyone knowing. Whether we like it or not, living in a small town can be very invasive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to this! Even in Topeka, which by comparison is not small, I see people I know all the time at the store. Sunday we went to Home Depot and I looked disgusting. I had just ran 11 miles and didn't bother getting fixed up because..well, it's Home Depot. And we saw one of our friends who looked like she was about to go to a house party! Of course. ;) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! I would definitely recommend reading over it and checking for a few typos. :) Other than that, it was an interesting read! I grew up in Wichita but went to school in a tiny town in the country. There is only one restaurant in Towanda, so that's where all the kids hung out. I can definitely relate to that, "What do we do when we're bored?" struggle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this, because it is SO relatable. I went to Mission Valley High School and graduated in a class of 31 people. It was always so annoying when everyone knew literally EVERYTHING about you, but it was also nice to know that everyone is kind of like a big family, and while theres always rumors, they would always be there for you as a community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very interesting to think about!

    ReplyDelete

Podcast

This is just a short podcast of me talking a little bit about why I love coming back to McPherson so much and how much my small town means t...