Friday, September 8, 2017

"Hey wanna go to Sonic?"

It's a hot summer day and you're sitting at home with nothing to do. So you hit up one of your friends with the signature text, "Hey I'm bored." The typical response I would get is, "Wanna go to Sonic?" Of course you say yes, and you head off to sonic for half price drinks.


For most places this conversation would end once summer is over, but for a small townie there's almost nothing better then half price drinks. After you have gotten your Route 44 cherry limeade it’s time to head off for a nice drive around town. Nothing like wasting a little gas to pass the time away. You've done this multiple times, but overtime you always seem to enjoy that casual stroll through your hometown. For some this might be a waste of gas, but for others it's just another thing to pass the time.



1 comment:

  1. I'm from a small town and I can definitely relate! The sonic in my town is one of the only good fast food places and the only place with ice cream. So I have sent and received the "Want to go to Sonic?" text several times! I'm interested to see what else our hometowns have in common as your blog progresses.

    ReplyDelete

Podcast

This is just a short podcast of me talking a little bit about why I love coming back to McPherson so much and how much my small town means t...