Thursday, October 19, 2017

My Top 3 Small Town Activities

You always have those go to things you do for fun in your hometown, but what do you do when you get tired of the same old thing? Here are just a few of the things my friends and I did to shake things up!


1. Geocaching
- Geocaching is an app you can download on your phone. It is basically a treasure hunt throughout your town. You go around trying to find these little hidden boxes, and you either leave something or take something from the box! Also don't forget to sign your name so people know you've been there! My first Geocache I found was in a cemetery a few miles outside of town. We were walking around this cemetery when a cop shows up and asks us what we're doing. My friends and I were completely freaked out and told him exactly what we were doing, hoping we wouldn't get in trouble. He laughed at us and said "Just don't still any tomb stones."


2. Middle Nowhere Bonfire
- This can be kind of hard depending on how small your town is, but it's always something fun to do if you can be smart about it. My friends and I were driving around one night when we came around Dakota Road. It's a hidden, small road that was perfect for getting away. So every so often around ten of us would drive out there and just sit around a small fire.

3.Cruisin Main
- The Main Street of your hometown should be something special. For me personally cruising down Main Street has always been a tradition in my hometown. The casual driving around is always a go to, but during a drive around town we always seem to make it back to Main Street. My mother is from a very small town named Gossel that's about 30 minutes away from McPherson. She use to tell stories of how her and her friends would drive to McPherson just to cruise Main Street. There would be people sitting around there cars on the side just talking and listening to music. People yelling and leaning outside of their windows as they drive by. That story always reminds me of a simpler time and how even the smallest of things can be fun.
photo by me

6 comments:

  1. Great Post! The Geocaching app sounds really interesting. I will have to definitely check it out in my free time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of a lot of people geocaching but never actually tried it. I will definitely check it out next time I'm in my small hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geocaching sounds like such an interesting concept! I have heard about it but have never tried it, have you? Great post, so relatable coming from a small town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to try Geocaching sometime! Let me know if you ever want to try it, I will gladly go.

      Delete
  4. Way cool!! I've heard of geocaching and have always wanted to try it. Will have to give it a shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally give it a shot! It's something different to try on a nice day.

      Delete

Podcast

This is just a short podcast of me talking a little bit about why I love coming back to McPherson so much and how much my small town means t...