Thursday, October 19, 2017

Small Town, Big Heart Break

Tragedy can happen anywhere, anytime, any place, but for some reason people never think it can happen to them. Tragedy struck my home just last week. A young man that was in my graduating class in high school committed suicide. Thing change and people change after high school, but feelings don’t really change. This boy wasn’t someone I was necessarily close to, but close enough that I knew where he was going to school, I had occasionally been to a party or two with him and had similar friends. Living in a small town everyone is affected different by an upsetting event like this, but we are all affected in someway or any other. This tragic death also can bring people back together. My friends and I all went back for the viewing and gave us a chance to see people we haven’t seen in awhile, but it all hurts just the same. It might be a small town, but it’s a big heart break for everyone in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Podcast

This is just a short podcast of me talking a little bit about why I love coming back to McPherson so much and how much my small town means t...